Monday, July 23, 2007

I spent this weekend doing nothing. Like absolutely nothing. I went to the beach but didn’t read. I lay in bed and didn’t think. I walked up a street wondering where I was going and why I was walking so slowly. People must have looked at me like I was lost. Two post ago I begged for this. I quoted The Weakerthans and acted like I was over taxed or too poetic or something. It was my first weekend off probably ever; or at least in a year and a half. No travel, no phone calls, no high stakes games of the prisoners’ dilemma.

I’m off to Halifax in a few days, which also means I’ll be in Quebec and New Brunswick, with an option on P.E.I. It’s been a year since I been out east, and I’m looking forward to it, just gotta scramble for the cash first. Then after that I’m back to Saskatchewan, back to the dusty streets and dead grass, back to the smouldering hot asphalt and devilish sun. Back to, back to, back to lying to myself that I actually like that lifestyle. Like I have the time to search my pockets for hours looking for an unaccounted piece of temperament that allows me to relax.

1 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Blogger Alexander said...

Please, read "An Ordinary Black Cat" if you want to know something about the ghosts... it is available in www.catyourway.com Please, let me know how you got on with it. Make sure you will not upset the kitty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker