Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Next!

I’m thinking of staying here in Ottawa and reconciling that I’m going to fall into this political trap that I swore I’d outwit. I’m getting better at politics; I can crush people faster and easier. I can get stuff done quicker and with less effort. The only thing I can’t out maneuver is this stupid feeling that if I turn away for a minute I’ll be out of the loop and surpassed by some next kid.

Man I’m a staffer now; I used to make fun of those people. Like “I’m a hired gun, I’m easy breezy, I do what I want so eat me”. Now I’m all like “My paycheck is tied to my performance…better smarten up”

Man I got douche written all over me. Yuck!

I don’t know if this is the sort of thing that can only be resolved by selling you Ferrari and going tree planting or something.

1 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger Sj said...

Picturing a calm "El" brings one image to mind (esp with the mention of that book) You sitting on a window ledge, all tanned limbs and blue shorts, reading, thinking and looking off over the Overlea bridge towards today

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker