Monday, June 25, 2007

Vancouver-Victoria-Vancouver-Burnaby-Port Coquitlan-Montreal-Ottawa

So I’ve returned to Ottawa from BC and I have to say it was a great time. Kind of weird at parts, B.C. sure has some characters. I went to a wedding in Burnaby but the crowd was predominately from Port Coquitlan. They brought with them their small town charm like saying “Ex-squeeze-me…baking powder” like it’s still cool and singing “Pour Some Sugar On Me”. Don’t get me wrong, I like Def Leopard as much as the next guy, but even in my home town we don’t take ourselves seriously when we rockout to this song.

It was funny; I learned that the bride and groom met each other at a party on a farm…right next to Robert Pickton’s farm...at roughly the same time that the murders were occuring…romantic. People also sweat like crazy; I guess they weren’t accustomed to the 15 degree weather. Man what a scorcher. I wore my suit all night and even danced to Spirit of the West in it with out breaking a sweat.

All this to say I had a blast; the people were great, the scenery breath taking. And secretly, I loved combating the accusations that Toronto is actually “Eastern Canada”. They were pretty insistent, but I did fair pretty well in my defense with out the use of a map.

1 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

For the record... it's "Port Coquitlam", with an "m".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker