Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Do know what it feels like loving someone who’s in a rush to throw you away?


Ok I’m convinced; a prairie sky is pretty beautiful. When I first heard about it I didn’t believe it. We in Toronto were all like “pfft…prairie sky, as if. Where are its big towers? Exactly, there in Toronto…vote for that loser!”

I was under it, it was everywhere, behind me, to the sides, it comes right up beside you and there’s no division between it and you, the ground and sky. I guess theoretically the air around your ankles is included so that and you are at times on top of it. The air around you glows, pink beams stream through purple clouds and warm your skin despite the goose bumps the very vision grants you.

Whole herds of cows stood to stare at it. We pass them like in a movie or a music video where camera angles simulate the blinking eye. Fields of blond haired children against menacingly low clouds and icebergs of sodium sulphate. It was picturesque, it was heavenly and surreal. I rolled down the window just to feel it; I liked it roaring in my ears. It was windy, but you couldn’t tell because there are no trees. Like it had a personality and it liked tricking you.

The only thing that was missing was the beautifully smooth voice of Enrique. God I missed you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker