Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The streets couldn't wait...

I was originally gonna save my post on bentonite until next week but because kchan asked for it here you go. In fact I can roll two of your requests into one.

Firstly, bentonite isn't so much a chemical as it is a mineral; it comes in two forms depending on the sodium or calcium content. Its chemical composition is (Na,Ca)0.33(Al,Mg)2Si4O10(OH)2·(H2O)n. The most notable characteristic of Sodium Bentonite is the fact that it grows in water. In fact it can absorb several hundred percent of its dry weight. Here is where I draw some parallels...

The chemical emitted during sexual climax and child birth is called Oxytocin. It shares many of the same chemical components of Bentonite, however the similarities do not stop there. I suppose its best to explain this is by way of example....

One day on a summer afternoon I lay on the couch with a girl. We had just recently met and I was sort of digging her, but as the afternoon progressed I became more attached to her. I lightly dragged my fingertips over her smooth skin, I watched closely as the hairs on her arm would bend back under my fingers and spring back as my fingers passed. I was shocked at the detail that I was paying attention to, but I was truly captivated. I let her skin tickle my palms as I moved them over her body. I watched the shadow across her collarbone shift as her chest would rise and fall with each quickening breath.

It was then that I realized I was falling in love. I know, cuz it happens everyday...Anyways, it was then that I recalled my favorite mineral Bentonite. Although I am often characterized by my callous indifference, I was filled with emotion. As we lay there are hands intertwined and our neutron repelled each other in natures biggest tease. We sat there not quite touching but our molecules coursing back and forth between their respective magnetic fields. They would visit me and send shivers through my hand before returning to do the same to her. I was able to absorb many times my own dreams, a hundred times my own passion, and a thousand times my own fear. For as we lay there, we were both terrified knowing that at one point stop we’d have to stop. The idea of having to be separated at this molecular level was intolerable, and the splitting of these atoms would be devastating in the same sense that is always associated with splitting atoms.

So there we lay, trying not to split atoms, but fuse them. Trying to absorb each other’s energy, to share our vitality, to mix our very being. It was love; it was the wonders of nature’s gift to Saskatchewan (where there’s tonnes of the stuff) Bentonite. A perfect example of the mixing of two things and the creation of a third, a combined one.

There kchan, everything you ever wanted to know about love and Bentonite!

3 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know when a guy says "sort of " digging her he means he really was digging her just trying to play it off like its no thing, lol I wish I knew a guy like you who pays such attention to a girl's body, that girl whoever she is, one lucky girl. What happened to her?

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger El Chupacabra said...

don't even remember her name..meh

 
At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the detail you used to describe her skin makes me believe you will remember her name for all time.........at least 2000 years

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker