Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Saskatoon Day 2- Not sure what to think yet

Every house is a bungalow, it’s kind of weird. It’s like you’re always in the suburbs no matter where you are. I walked through a large(ish) intersection and could see an endless stretch of empty road. Then the town just sort of stopped, and then there was nothing for miles. I wonder why they settled here, there’s literally nothing around. I’ve heard about the potash and uranium, and there is a river but it just seems strange. Like some ancient pioneer was just tired of walking through the endless plains and gave up.

Don’t know if that sounds rude and I don’t mean it to be, I just don’t get this city yet. I had a nice beer last night that tasted like chocolate. I saw a piranha and that was cool. Insurance is cheap and people have a pleasant phone manner but none of that seems to be enough to give a city meaning.

I’ll keep looking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker