Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Price of Infamy

So my theory on evolution has sort of been a red herring for me. I try to reference it as much as possible in professional situations just to see people squirm uncomfortably at my foolishness. I mentioned it when applying for a government job and didn’t get hired; I put it in an application for a junket to Israel, so let’s see what happens. Its not that the theory itself is weird, it’s the premise I work it into. No one wants to hear about my exploration into the wilds of Africa searching for the world’s last surviving dinosaur, or my genetic mutation postulation that makes it all possible.

But to be honest, I’d rather be able to captivate people with a story than be gainfully employed. To have people submit to my imagination no matter how farfetched means something to me. I supposed all this taken together disproves my own theory because apparently my selfish genes aren’t really lending themselves to survival of the fittest by putting a higher premium on creativity than sustenance.

And if you need any further proof that humans are not getting smarter, just take look at my killer new beard. I look like a civil war general or Leny from Motorhead or some shit.

1 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd be curious to hear this theory. what about it is so strange?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker