Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Anatomy of a fist fight...

So the other night I got beat up. I was trying to do crowd control at my parents house while my brother had a kegger. Apparently I wasn't too effective, I wasn’t able to pacify the situation at all. I think I may have been a bit of an agitator, there’s no reasoning with drunk teenagers. So at my own house I got beat up by two 18 year olds.

I didn’t throw a single punch but I sure did a lot of thinking during the whole thing. The guy grabbed me by the front of my shirt and pulled me down. I could feel a sharp pain across the back of my neck as he broke my necklace. I grabbed his shirt as well and felt it rip loudly. He started filling in my head and I could feel the impact reverberate with each blow. The first one was pretty localized right behind my ear. The second one sent shock waves all the way through my right eye as his fist landed on my temple. A second wave went clear past my nose as he struck the top of my head. I remember worrying that if a third wave hit and the sensation spread past my nose and across my left eye that I’d get knocked out. Sure enough another blow followed which washed a warm splash of what could only be described as static across my entire face. I felt my teeth rattle, and my neck strain under the force. I was surprised that I didn’t get knocked out despite of it, and I remembered thinking "wow I'm good at this." Well good at getting hit and not throwing any punches my self.

I could hear the gravel beneath our feel, and I was staring down at his two legs firmly planted on the ground. It was then that a third knee hit me in the jaw and then the neck and finally the nose. I guess I was lucky on the last one, he hit me more with his thigh than his knee, sparing me huge amounts of damage to my nose. Around then it got broken up and we sort of just went our separate ways. I continued trying to get people to leave and they did their own thing. My dad woke up and came out so I was trying to herd everyone out to spare him the aggravation. I even ran into the guy again. All that was said was "Hey I know we just fought and that’s fine, but you need to get the fuck out please"

I'm glad we were able to patch it up.

5 Comments:

At 2:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you must be a white boy, white boyz can't fight

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Sj said...

How does mini-chupa feel about the whole thing?

 
At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which subway map is that in your banner? Help a girl's curiosity out.

I'm not sure exactly what the appropriate "get well" salutation is in these circumstances, but I hope your eye/ear/nose/etc feel better.

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger kristin said...

also can i just say - wow that's really well written. i feel the impact of each blow...

good job chup.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger El Chupacabra said...

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your concern. Im actually ok. My little bro got so pissed when i told him. The guy who kicked my ass went up to him bragging about how he beat someone up, not realizing we were brothers. I guess a fun update is that the guy broke his hand on my head. So I sort of inflicted more pain on this guy then I endured myself without throwing a single punch.

But my bro was upset, you could see it in his face. He felt guilty. It made him feel better when I told him that the orders had already gone out to TJ. He knows how to handle these sort of things. (although no order was actually issued.)

I guess the worst part is I have to stumble around with these crooked and scratched glasses now. Oh well, I'm gonna be a hit at the formal dinner I'm going to tonight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker