Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I don't know if this is scary or cool

I remember when I was a kid standing in my grandparents laundry room with a family friend. That alone is spooky enough. This man was a Mennonite who has broke his back in a hang gliding accident. Since he was no longer able to glide he would come to my farm and fly kites. He had all these elaborate kites with multiple handles with several sails attached by thin wooden beams and he was able to make them do loops and dive bombs and stuff. Today this may sound routine, but for a kid in the 80’s who grew up on a farm with three TV channels it was amazing.

So back to the laundry room. He laid a metal spoon across my extended index finger and balanced it. I remember him telling me to close my eyes and concentrate. I could feel the spoon wobbling on my finger as I tried to balance it and I felt it growing hot. After a few seconds I opened my eyes and the spoon was bent, more accurately it was snapped over my finger. There was a crack where the handle met the eating part (I don’t know what to call it) and blood was oozing from it.

At first I thought it had cut me and I was bleeding, but there was no pain. I real metallic smell filed the air, like I was drinking from a water fountain. To this day I have no idea what had happened and I don’t think I ever saw him again. I have never tried it again but I’ve always wondered if I had some sort of psychic kinetic energy. Weird.

2 Comments:

At 1:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

did u realize u were dreaming and that ure bed was once again wet? hahaha

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger El Chupacabra said...

I never wet the bed when I was a child, I only started that when I was in my twenty's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker