Thursday, July 20, 2006

Don't F*ck With My Blog!

My blog has been invaded! I have some douche bag company commenting on every post. And under it is a link to a bunch of different companies, all debt management and equity subsidiaries of the same firm. I have a couple things to say about this...

The target demographic of my site is not the same as that of the companies. Really I don’t tell anyone about my blog, those who visit my site are like 3 of my friend…(two of which don’t comment BTW!) and a bunch of people from this place where I volunteer. This group, I’ll say, my primary audience, are all anti establishment, down with big business, very suspicious of corporations types. They don't want your services, infact they probably hate you. The other group, are those who think their going to learn a lot about paranormal activity because I have the stupid word ghost in my title. These people, I imagine, don’t need equity financing, because you don’t need a loan to buy Battlestar Galactica action figures!

So the relative return on investment is nil. Yes I’m aware they have an automated system that patrols random blogs, inserting comments, all with the link to their company, with a phenomenally low cost. However, lets talk about brand equity, each comment you post rapidly erodes it. Its unsolicited correspondence, SPAM really, which is deceptive, ineffective and actually embarrassing for your piece of shit company.

Deceptive because (although you’d have to be an idiot to actually be fooled by it) it is posted anonymously with no reference to the product, service or organization that’s being represented. Actually the consumer protection act of Ontario has legislated against this behavior, but it is difficult to enforce when dealing with trans-boundary Internet companies.

Ineffective because no one cares about the company, perhaps some targeted segmenting to identify potential customers would help you. Do you see the shit I write about? It’s retarded, why post on my site. Go to this site , do it there, he needs the attention.

Embarrassing because it’s glaringly obvious that you read somewhere that blogs are the hip new thing and your trying to capitalize on it. Way to go fuck faces, perhaps this would have been cutting edge like 3 years ago, you need to fire you marketing team, and your consultants, hell axe you IT team as well, they probably had something to do with this. It proves they have no comprehension of their own customers or their needs.

So going forward, I will be emailing the company and making the same comments on their site, such unique and effective ones like their response to me making fun of N. Korea’s website

Anonymous said...
Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.

Nice grammar. Or how about my post on the situation in Isreal, no the other situation in Israel

Anonymous said...
Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.

Color scheme? It’s green asshole! Or what about my birthday post, as if it wasn’t clear the first time

Anonymous said...
Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.


Thank you, I get it, great color scheme, thanks for reiterating it. Odds are, they’ll probably comment again saying they like the font I use or some bullshit. Guaranteed this company is bankrupt in 6 months…

1 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha! Man your anger excites me! the truth is these spammers don't give a shit, and in fact now that you have provoked them and said something against them these fucking spammers will start spamming you more. I hate these mother fukers too, it's bcuz of these assholes I have to fukin get anti spy and yahoo tool bar or pop up blocker to stop these fukin god forsaken ass pirates who got nothing better to do than to piss me off. I agree with your anger and sentiments....do they think because they are advertising party poker as a pop up I’m gonna play it….NOO!!!! ASSSHOLE!!!! Fuk you and ur fuking party mother fukin poker!!!!!! I fukin hate spam mail, it's cuz of this shit I can't use my hotmail account and have to resort to gmail! Mother fukers, I just want one email account, I shouldn't have to change my email every time I start getting fukin spam. fuk these guys, motherfukers!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker