Monday, July 17, 2006

Courage my love...

I just celebrated my birthday. I’m 25 now, kind of weird. People tell me I need to grow up, that I need to be more serious and finish school and start my career. I’m not a huge fan of the idea. Yeah sure I’m tired of working shit jobs going paycheque to paycheque. I’d probably like to eat more, but there’s something to be said about my lifestyle I guess.

I’m pretty content, but not exactly where I want to be. I’m one of the busiest guys I know, and a lot of the things I do makes for an impressive CV, but I’m probably most renown for my lethargy. I graduated from Seneca College over 2 years ago and I never bothered to fill out the paper work to matriculate because I didn’t want to stand in line. So now my Diploma says “graduate of 2006” rather than 2004. Basically knocking 2 years off my work experience. It’s bad enough I took so long to graduate, (5 years for a 3 year program) add another 2 due to laziness and I’m looking at 7 years and still no BA.

Fine with me, I once took a semester off because the new EA Sports hockey game came out for PS2. I played like 3 seasons before getting bored. If only success in life could be measure by the deepness of your tan. My brother used to say that he doesn’t get paid for the work he does (he's a philosopher and his job is to think all day). I used to make fun of him, but now I feel the same. Everyday I’m researching, I’ve decided to be a writer and each day I collect stories that one-day I may commit to paper. So it’s like a really long orientation session for a job. I suppose this opens me up to criticism because as you can see my writing isn’t the greatest, but I’ll work on it. Hell my brother can always help edit…

4 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A writer eh? I better get a signed copy of your first book.

- Wilfred Laurier

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger El Chupacabra said...

Hey you again, yeah a writter I guess. Its more an excuse to go on adventures than anything else.

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Sj said...

Remember...

we absolutely adored your writing

it was so impressive that day finding those scraps on your computer that it was almost embarrasing.

PS. for those reading this. I actually am not joking.

Mr Chupa showed some impressive talent

 
At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker