Friday, June 30, 2006

Thumbs Out...

Hey I saw an ad for this on a light post down town. www.thumbsoutcanada.com is a hitchhike race across Canada. Teams of two will be departing this weekend to race from Nova Scotia to B.C. It’s sort of like the amazing race just with out stupid challenges, but the whole thing will be documented by each team on video.

I can just imagine the excitement that will ensue. The riveting conversation after being stuck on the side of the road with your partner for two weeks in northern Quebec. Or the stellar nightlife of Moose Factory Sask.

Joking aside this is something I’d love to do. Last summer I quit my job to hitch hike across Canada. I had it all set up, I was gonna work on a tomato farm in some valley in B.C. but before that I was going to visit a friend in Trois Rivier but got stuck in Ottawa over my birthday by myself. It was so hot, and I was all lonely and shit. I was in bed by 10 o’clock on my birthday. Needless to say I never made it out there.

Good luck to these adventures, I’m chained to my desk this summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker