Monday, May 12, 2008

I’m 4 days away from returning to the country of my birth for the first time. I was only a few months old at the time that I left but I have one lasting memory. It’s really just an image and even now I can’t even focus on the detail of it. I’m on my back staring at the corner of a ceiling; the walls are grey, maybe a light blue. Also in my field of vision is something wooden, but very dark, like a deep mahogany. Sometimes my mom and brother spoke about this ugly bird clock in Holtzhosen, very campy, very German. Maybe that was it. I also for some reason I envision a white carpet. Not sure if it was white or if there was even a carpet at all. Maybe it’s because of the light in the room, maybe a window was open. There was no sound, no movement, there was nothing at all. Just a corner and a wooden thing that my eyes weren’t developed enough yet to focus on.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker