Tuesday, September 04, 2007

To Liberte

So I’m unemployed again. This seems to be a common theme in my life. I’m cool though, when I first came to Ottawa I came from the sidewalk in front of my girlfriends’ apartment. Her lease had expired and we were on the curb with all of her furniture. We had no car and no where to go. So we hustled, we grinded a bit and before you knew it we were cool again. So I’m in a significantly better place now then I was then.

I have a street and it’s nothing like Toronto. The leaves are turning in the park across the street. The air is crisp the streets are picking up a bit with students. Frosh cheers drift over the city and first years with braces laugh and cavort around every corner. Its pretty fun, I’m starting to take ownership a bit over Ottawa, starting to make it own. After the romance and adventure of summer fades I’m settling in and finding myself ready to live here and experience it for all it’s worth.

I’m happy to be far from home. I’m happy when people tell me about how cold it gets and that you can skate to work. Maybe its because their mascot is a snowman or little french kids always wear touques, but snow always reminds me of French people or French stuff so with every flake I’ll feel more cultured. I’m gonna grow a bear and wear tight clothes and speak out of the corner of my mouth and raise endless glasses of wine in celebration of my new city.

Salut!

1 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's almost like u wrote that for me... I know what you mean bro

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker