Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Seperate the Magnets

For me at least the cold makes me hunch up my shoulders, tuck my chin to my chest and shuffle my feet as I race home to get inside. It cramps up my whole body. It’s very stressful on my spine and tires out my neck and shoulders. I feel like an old man. It’s oppressive and adds to my poor disposition. But now that it’s 8 degrees I have none of that. I’m so relaxed as I stroll, it feels like I don’t have a care in the world. I skip around like my cool, hip, cocky self again. I rock out to songs in my head that I heard last spring and the spring before that, and the one before that. I’m about 10 years back now, back to when I was pumping gas in my hometown and had the trunk of my hatch back open blaring Grade's “Conceptualizing Theories In Motion.” I’m laughing in a nihilistic way “there’s nothing worth dying for…” I don’t feel that way at all but man does if feel great to sing it. No attachments, nor worries, just good posture and no shivering!

I walk around like I own the place, like I’m a poet with a big dick. And nothing brings back you joie de’vivre like knowing that.

1 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quit stealing my intellectual property. I have copyright over certain components of this post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker