Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Well La Dee Da, Look at me

I caught a few minutes to myself today. Finished my essay with time to spare, thanks for the help guys.

So I guess this is what’s new with me. I've taken down all the mirrors in my house and I'm no longer looking at myself. I'm trying to focus on my mental perception of myself rather than my physical appearance (which isn't important anyways). This is my new exercise to put a higher premium on my own intellect than my seductive eyes and mischievous smile. I do however check myself out as I pass windows; I just got a new jacket and am a bit concerned with the particular cut of it. So I will objectify my coat but not my actual body.

I've also taken to walking around without my glasses. I like how it makes my eyes feel, at first at least, heavy, weary, thoughtful. Then the headaches set in. I'm never quite sure of the facial expressions people are making when talking to me and I have to rely more heavily on voice intonation, and body language. I feel more perceptive to a feeling rather than an image. I always feel like I’m in a new place, a strange and foreign situation. Plus now I squint more and perhaps I appear to be tougher than I am. Which I guess is good because I’m probably a target due to my pissy ass jacket and Hail Mary hairstyle that I did without a mirror.

8 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger Sj said...

Social experiments are quite awesome and I might just do that no glasses one as then I truly could not anticpate anyone approaching. On the other..funny I was listening to this song:

"Why do I still see you in every mirror and window? In all that I could never overcome. How, I don't know what I should do with my hands when I talk to you, how you don't know where you should look so you look at my hands.."

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've conducted a similar social experiment (lost my glasses) and made many of the same discoveries. Things had are so familiar and normal suddenly become foreign. Once the experiment was completed (I found my glasses) it was difficult to adjust back to what had once been the norm.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger kristin said...

can't wait to hear your findings.

"This is my new exercise to put a higher premium on my own intellect than my seductive eyes and mischievous smile."

not to devalue your seductive eyes and that mischievous smile...

 
At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow kristin sounds like you are in love with this blogger! mischievous always means danger by the way, watch out!

 
At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too, have done my own social experiment. I purposely left in the morning crust that gathers in the corner of your eyes and dried up snot in my nose and went to work like that for the day. It was a fun day at work.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger kristin said...

in love with chup??? that's crazy talk.

el, you can add that to your poll!

 
At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Social experiements eh. I think a good one would to be force a conservative to work in a homeless shelter so that they truely understand the need for us to have government funding for affordable housing. Take that Harper!

Sir John A.

 
At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only way you'd see a conservative working in a homeless shelter would be for a media event.
"Harper Helps Homeless"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker