Monday, October 09, 2006

The streets couldn't wait Vol. II

In response to kchan's last comment I thought I'd touch a bit upon what has come to make me regarded as the worlds foremost expert on the paranormal. Not that I'm second guessing my choice of content, but kchan gave me a good suggestion once, so I'm a little beholden to him.

Heres some examples of when I try and use the stories that I write about on my blog in real life. Check it out.

Late March/Early April in Collingwood Ontario I was drinking in a hotel room. Also there was Belinda Stronach and her policy director. Some people were discussing the importance of bio-fuels and how we can use them to transform the fishisng industry out east. Blah blah blah, this was far too boring so I thought I'd spice it up a bit. So my contribution to the conversation was;

"Hey you know what great about dinosaurs? Not only can you crush them up and put them in your gas tank, but they're also fun to have sex with!"

Great! apparently my humour doesn't have a universal appeal. I get all these of sci-fi geeks on my blog cuz they google things like "singularity" or "event horizon" These are the people that tell me I'm interesting/funny/creative, apparently it only works in the blogosphere, not in real life.

Another time just last month I was driving to Montreal with my friends step dad. Very cool guy, maybe 55 years old, French Canadian and real funny. I was trying to tell him about the newest big foot sightings in Norway House Saskatchewan or Manitoba or whatever it was. I told him about how it's entirely possible for an animal of that size to avoid detection and escape captivity for so long. This guys a Christian so I even tried to pitch the idea like it could be like a large bipedal gorilla rather than the missing link. After 4 hours of straight intense conversation nothing but dead silence followed all the way to Montreal.

So it's not like I'm giving up on my bread and butter, I'm just on a different tip right now. But don't worry, I've been working on a zombie sex/romance piece, because I feel I've been a bit to harsh on zombies lately. And generalizations are never a good thing...

1 Comments:

At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

argh im a pirate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker