Monday, July 28, 2008

What’s so amazing about really deep thought?

It’s been raining a lot lately, I’ve never really been aware of weather patterns all that much. I do remember that one winter/spring/summer/fall and following winter that I spent locked up in my room looking out the window. I’d smoke til the fog in my room would match beyond my window, and I’d sit as the balance churned ugly around me. Then I’d crack the window and watch that balance slowly be ripped away. I’d keep it open until the pages of my newspapers would curl then finally stick together as the moisture would spread across my bedroom. I’d shiver in bed or watch the mosque across the street from above. Whatever the case I would fill beer bottle after bottle with wet cigarette butts while studying maps by monitor light. All the while smoking, smoking, smoking…

Guess who missed my birthday?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:37 AM, Blogger jen said...

me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker