Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The course of human history (pt II)

Shortly before feeling its feathers squeeze between my fingers I paused to impart one last piece of wisdom. Yes sleeping together was fun, yes waking up was better, but it would end there. You’re here now in the tender embrace of someone you love, what could be better? Did I not nurture you? Did I not pluck you up from your discarded place? Then whatever comes next is great-if it is swift. For I would never want you to actually feel the full weight of what I’m about to do.

I cooed the final words of Mice and Men, about gazing upon your own reflection and warning you not to drink from standing water. Then I very deliberately squeezed, and let me tell you, you struggled right until the end.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker